Loving the moment = joy

Have you ever taken a photo with your mind?

Today I was lying on the couch singing with Little Warrior (age 4). Now that he's "big" he "does school" like his siblings, and singing nursery rhymes is part of his new routine. But today I was running on just a few hours of sleep, and by the time we got around to singing, I was one tired mama.

Little Warrior and I lay side by side on the couch. He chose the songs that he felt we could comfortably sing in a prone position. We sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider". We sang "The Alphabet Song". We sang "The Wheels on the Bus" (with all our custom verses, including giggling sisters and knitting grandmas). We sang and sang and sang.

At one point I turned to look at him, and he took my face in his hands, leaning his forehead against mine and singing.

{snap!} went the camera of my mind, catching the close-up of green eyes and curly golden halo. {save!} whirred my heart as I felt those soft little hands and the vibrations of his wobbly song against my face.

Present in the moment... joy.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...