When the Prayers Just Won't Come

Photo Credit

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

We all have seasons in life... times of peace and calm, and times when the wind blows hard. Sometimes life becomes so stormy it is hard to find the words to pray.

These are times when we turn to other believers to ask for help, for sustenance through prayers lifted up on our behalf.  God has also graciously equipped us directly through His Word.

Come to Him... come to His Word... and rest.

Years ago, a wise woman taught me to pray scripture word-for-word. One morning, in a bible study with other young mothers, she asked us to open our bibles to a particular scripture. She told us to pray it aloud together, personalizing it as we went...

I am sharing my thoughts on praying scripture at Do Not Depart today. To read the rest of this post please join us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...