Again I Will Say Rejoice!



Again I am late. Late to be born, late to get teeth, late to my wedding. Late.

And again I forget to start dinner early. So dinner will be late.

Again I forget to get the laundry out of the dryer so that it won't be wrinkled.

Again I knock something over because I am not looking.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:4

Again I bow my head to pray for strength.

Again I snuggle my babies tight.

Again I stop what I am doing to make a hot breakfast for my husband who works so hard for us.

Again I look to the sky to see deep strokes of color on a blue canvas.

Again I linger with frolicking kittens to giggle.

Again I choose to hope, because all the messy agains are rushed away in the strong waters of hopeful agains.

Again I choose love.

A little writing exercise with the prompt "Again,"
joining with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday.
 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...