Seventy Times Seven (The Ropes That Had Bound Me)

Careful lest my heart become bound up like Little Warrior's favorite doll!

I have been enjoying reading the gospel of Matthew so much this month. The new treasures waiting to be discovered in such familiar words never fail to amaze me. My children have been asking me to read Matthew aloud to them, so as we sit at the breakfast table I read, and we talk. 

In our reading this week, the issue of forgiveness leapt from the pages into my heart.

In Matthew 18:21-22, the scriptures recount this conversation...

Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"

Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.”

That’s a lot of forgiving. I think of big things... forgiving huge sins, deep wounds. But this passage makes me think that Jesus wasn’t just talking about those....

I'm guest posting at SomeGirl's Website again today and next Friday, sharing my thoughts as I read through Matthew.   To read the rest of Seventy Times Seven (The Ropes That Had Bound Me), please click on over and join us there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...