Ancient Ways

I am drawn to old things....

... my preacher grandfather's bible with his sermon notes...

... a sweater knitted for me now worn by my daughter...

... my great grandmother’s floral china...

... my grandmother's silver tea service...

There seems more embodied in something antique than just its function.  The passage of time, the “life” it has led, somehow rest upon it in an ineffable way. 
This is what the Lord says:
"Stand at the crossroads and look;
ask for the ancient paths,
ask where the good way is, and walk in it,
and you will find rest for your souls."
~ Jeremiah 6:16
Old paths.  The ways gone before.  The road laid out for us in scripture.  And these ancient and good ways are a source of rest.  When you walk in them you will find rest.

Read that again... when you walk you will find rest.

The ancient paths, laid down for us in God’s Word.  The narrow path.  The good way... the way, the truth and the life.

Seek them.  Ask for them.  Walk in them.  Walk.  Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...