Joy Sprinkle ~ Day 3 ~ Just a Little Thing

Sunday was a lovely day, filled from dawn to dusk with people from our dear church family.  I love growing in fellowship, growing in community.

I made no grand decisions on what my act-of-blessing would be yesterday; while I want to be intentional, I live a real life with real people.  Kind of unpredictable.  And I knew that our day would be full.  So I prayed that I would just know and act into it.

Would you believe that my intentional joy spreading was putting someone else's grocery cart away in the parking lot of our grocery store?  The cart was jammed up against the bumper of a car, just sitting there stuck out in the road like a big ugly wart.  I almost walked past it in my hurry to my own car and hungry family. But something stopped me.  I turned around and put that cart away.

It was an ever-so-small act.  In fact, it was not so much bringing joy as preventing its loss.  The person for whom that small joy-drain was averted will never know, and I am glad.

And I have to share this sweet moment from early in my Sunday...

Just five minutes before our church service began, I was asked to sing.  I love to sing, love it so much.  But I don't sing in front of people.  Like in front of a microphone.

But yesterday I did.  My sweet husband and his trusty guitar were leading, and it felt like home.  We sing together every day.  It was a blessing.  Such a blessing.  Far more than a sprinkle of joy for me, more like a flood, standing up there worshiping God with my love at my side.
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  ~ Luke 6:38

photo by Suat Eman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...