Joy Sprinkle ~ Day 15 ~ Writing to Kamila

We have sponsored a little girl in Ethiopia through Compassion International since before Farmer Boy was born. She is no longer a little girl, now a young woman on the cusp of adulthood.

I am embarrassed to admit it, but I have been an abysmal correspondent with this precious child.  I used to send her pictures with my letters, but the advent of digital photography, combined with my inability to ever mail anything in a timely fashion (my children's Christmas thank you's regularly get mailed in March) have turned me into a wretched sponsor indeed.

Recently Kamila sent us a letter and said plainly "Why don't you ever send a picture?"  Shortly thereafter I read Lisa-Jo's post "Lame Sponsors of the World Unite!".  Can you say conviction?

So we drew pictures and wrote letters, and after three attempts (oh memory stick, why do you insist on leaping out of my purse before I leave the house?), I finally managed to have printed pictures in hand!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...