Joy Sprinkle ~ Day 67 ~ Fire Engine

Little Warrior is an absolute delight... a boy who keeps me laughing every day.  He brings light and joy into my life.

He is also unlike me in almost every way.  God uses this to grow me in ways I did not expect.

I am more of a thinker than a doer.  Little Warrior is all about action.  I am quiet, he is loud.  I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert.  I am a pacifist.  Little Warrior is, well, a warrior!

Little Warrior's main love language is gift giving.   While I enjoy gifts (probably giving more than receiving), I honestly would be perfectly content if I never received another one.  My primary love language is words of affirmation

What came as a surprise to me was that Little Warrior feels affirmed when he receives gifts.  He feels loved and cared for.  I am trying to teach my children to be satisfied with and grateful for what they have, so this aspect of his personality is an interesting challenge for me.

Little Warrior is one of the most generous little guys you'll meet.  He regularly gives his toys to his friends when he notices they like them.   He gives me rocks, sticks, flowers, cards every day. 

For months Little Warrior has been telling me about a lego set that he would like to have "for my birthday".  His birthday is in June.  So I surprised him and got the set and brought it on our vacation.  I wrapped it in tissue paper and put it on is bed.  He couldn't believe it wasn't his birthday and he was getting a present.  He actually squealed when he opened it!

His super-hero big brother helped him to put it together, so he was doubly sprinkled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...