Joy Sprinkle ~ Day 75 ~ Lunch with an Old Friend

It was a moving sprinkle today for me.  The children and I picked up our friend whose sweetheart died a few weeks ago.  We brought her out to lunch. 

It was so wonderful to spend time with her, to get to know her history a little better, to talk about the old days.  She is 80 years young and can no longer drive, but she is still the same dear woman I remember.

It is hard to think about her feeling stuck at home, and not wanting to impose on people for rides.  It makes me wish I lived closer.  But I don't (we live an hour away), so the next best thing I can do is to see her as regularly as possible.

We have plans to meet again next month.  Again God blesses.  Out of loss comes a rekindled friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...